Welcome to the website for the EveryBodyKnows project, unfolding the Wisdom of the Body for Psychotherapists and Counsellors.
The raw materials of psychotherapy - emotion, impulse, attachment, relationship, self-regulation, affect-regulation - are largely experienced and expressed in our bodies.
It is so often through a a "felt sense", an embodied appreciation, that we understand and interpret our clients' or our patients' changing states, as well as our own.
This is the growing edge where contemporary psychotherapy amd interpersonal neuroscience meets the established experience of Body Psychotherapists.
Our experiential workshops are designed to develop Body Awareness and a recognition of its value and significance for therapists and counsellors whose training and experience is mainly in verbal approaches.
EveryBodyKnows Workshops for ...
- Creating safe space
- Establishing and negotiating boundaries
- Building internal resources
- Containment and self-regulation
- Enriching and enlivening the process of therapy
- Developing self-awareness, self-acceptance and self-care
- Building resources, building confidence
- Deepening your capacity for effective, compassionate engagement
- Increasing confidence, presence, resilience, authority and therapeutic potency
- An embodied approach to supervision and treatment planning
The Workshop Presenters
Michael Gavin Brian Stirner